Toyota starts assembly of Hilux in Cambodia


By Will Pulson - 10th July 2024

Toyota starts assembly of Hilux in Cambodia

Toyota Hilux assembled in Cambodia

Cambodia / Japan - Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), headquartered in Toyota City in Japan’s Aichi prefecture, this month began assembling pickup trucks at a newly built assembly plant in Cambodia, in a move aimed at consolidating the brand’s position in one of South-east Asia’s smaller markets.

TMC stated it had completed construction of the US$37m assembly line earlier this year in the Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone in the country’s capital city. The facility, incorporated as Toyota Tsusho Manufacturing (Cambodia) Company Ltd, employs some 150 people and is 90%-owned by the Cambodian unit of Toyota Tsusho Corporation, Toyota’s trading subsidiary. Local firm, Kong Nuon Group Company holds the remaining 10% of the equity.

Become a subscriber to read article

Start free trial Already a subscriber? Click here to login.

Subscription Features

Unlimited Article Limits

Access to all articles published daily as well as Truck & Bus Builder archives.

Access Article Downloads

Tables, graphs and statistical information as well as government papers.

Premium Content

Including in depth market reports, feature articles and interviews with industry leaders.